Monday, December 17, 2007

Long Overdue! :o)


I was on the phone with my mom and James was getting sad and doing his lower lip thing, so I knew it was time to get off the phone, and then I realized, he wanted my phone! And I swore I'd never let him play with my cell phone, but he really can't wreck it, and I just thought it was so cute! :o)








Jay was having a great time feeding himself his "Gerber Graduates" puffs while watching his show, and I just thought he looked like a big boy eating his snack, and then he wanted to play with the container and next thing I knew he'd dumped the whole thing on his lap! Ha ha ha! It was adorable! And then a little later, Brady thought he needed to help him clean up... stinker! :o)




Heading out to church I just couldn't resist getting a picture of my spiffy guys, especially since Dave had styled Jamer's hair! There isn't a lot of hair on his head, but it is getting long enough that it gets a little unruly! So, Dave styled it like his, and he looked so cute it made me laugh out loud! :o)













The Jame-James is sportin' his cute Spiderman thermals that he got as an early Christmas gift! I thought he looked so cute and actually looked like a little boy, not so much like a baby! Not that thats what I want or anything! I don't want my baby growing up TOO fast! Ha! :o) But at a work Christmas party, all kinds of people were saying how "tall" James looked, and they actually used the word "tall", Dave and I thought it was kind of funny, since we are both shrimps! But he definitely has been long and skinny for a while, but I think he's pudging out more here and there since we figured out his puking problem! :o)
James and I went to AZ for Thanksgiving, since Dave had to work, so our family had to split up for about a week, which was sad that Dave and Brady couldn't come to AZ with us, but the Jayster and I had a GREAT TIME! We stayed at my sister's house and had Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom's which was delicious! And James got to meet his great-grama for the first time and I think it was love at first rock for them both since James actually would fall asleep in grama's arms as she rocked him which is a little unusual for James! And James was the center of attention for his cousins which was a sight to see especially when its my young nephews so interested in him! :o) He had a great time swimming (of course) and was very good and happy for whomever was holding him and he slept very well for me both with naps and overnight, and BEST OF ALL: He did AWESOME on the airplane! And when I say awesome, I mean, AWWWWESOME! He smiled at everyone, didn't cry once, fell asleep when he needed to, had a good time in the stroller walking around the airport, played like a champ in the seat next to me, didn't have one bit of trouble for take-off or landing (even without something to suck on - amazing!) I felt so blessed that we both had such an enjoyable trip! And you can't beat November weather in AZ, that was pretty great, too! James had more toys to play with than he knew what to do with, more playmates than he could ever hope for, more people to hold him - oh wait, he never has a shortage of people willing to hold him! Ha! :o) It definitely ended too quickly, but knowing we'd be living there by next year made the departure not so sad. :o)
However leaving our home for the past two years will be difficult, I must say we have had NOTHING to complain about living here, we have wonderful family, friends, neighbors, etc. and we know we will sorely miss everyone we have become so fond of! :o( We are very excited for our plans for Dave to become a pilot and have a great career that he can love and be proud of, and to be able to travel like we've always wanted to do and take our kids places that we've always wanted to go! Things don't happen overnight, we know its not easy to go to school full-time and support a family, but he has always been a good husband, father and man, and I know he will be able to accomplish the goals he's set out for himself, he has a huge support system of family and friends, and how can you go wrong when you have that? :o)
We are excited for Christmas even though Jay doesn't get what its about, it still makes it way more fun for us to try and make it special for him. :o) It's nice to be in a winter wonderland like Utah, cause it gets you into the Christmas mood when you're cozying up next to the fireplace with your hot cocoa! Yum! :o) Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cold, but anyone can appreciate the beauty of the snow on the mountains reflecting on the ice on Utah Lake. Gorgeous! :o)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Love,
Dave, Casey, James & Brady :o)




1 comment:

Jim Linder said...

You have a very beautiful family! And I have to ask, are you the same Casey Farr shown in the Proactiv ad we received at our house. You look just like the lady in the ad. Anyway, take care and have a wonderful 2008.
Jim Linder - Bella Vista, AR