He screams and slaps his lap! :o)
(Dave surfing)
In Ogden, UT, they have this awesome place called the Saloman Center & they have indoor surfing & skydiving, among many other things. Dave wanted to do the indoor surfing again with his friend and he talked his brother, Curtis into trying it, and they both had a blast and we all had fun watching them! Especially James! He loved it! It was so loud in there with the water rushing, but you could hear James screaming playfully over all of it! Hilarious! :o)
James & his cousin Thomas were good sports hanging out watching their dad's surf for over an hour! Especially since it was so incredibly humid in there! AHHH! :o)
As an early b-day present, Jamer's Uncle Ryan treated him to unlimited rides at Jungle Jim's Playland, and cousin Thomas was able to join him in all the fun! We all had to take turns taking the kids on all the rides because we were all getting dizzy from going in circles! Ugh! :o)
The boys had so much fun, especially in the Jungle Gym area where you crawl through tunnels and slide down slides! Yes, James slid down the slide! He had a lot of fun, and Curt & Tania had a hard time getting Thomas to leave! We would've stayed all day if we could have! :o)
We laughed at the fact that James seems to automatically know to grab the steering wheel and turn it whenever he's in a car and he sure had fun in the mechanical boat and train! But we were surprised to see him immediately grab the handle bar on the rocket to make it go up and down, (as you can see in the picture above) how does he always know what to do? :o)
This ride was the first ride they went on and it was soooo fast! Like seriously fast, and I could barely catch a glimpse, but it appeared James LOVED IT! :o)
Yesterday, Thursday, March 13th, the person growing in me made his/her presence known! I was rocking in my rocking chair glider watching TV with Dave, and I felt the unmistakable little bumps in my lower belly! I immediately had Dave put his hand down there and he felt it, too! And I laughed cause I first felt James kick at 15 weeks also! Its so early it seems! I was not expecting it at all! But it was a pleasant surprise, and now I want to feel it all the time! Ha ha! :o) I said to Dave," I have a kid kicking the outside of my belly and a kid kicking the inside!" The joys of motherhood!
James is getting better and better all the time at navigating around! He's doing better at walking along furniture, and actually tries to let go to hold whatever toy it is with both hands (even though he's not ready for that yet) but he does pretty well at standing until he ultimately falls to his bum and then gets upset! Ha! :o) And he's been working hard and holding onto the couch and reaching down to the floor to pick up whatever he's dropped, and yesterday, he actually picked up Brady's Tennis Ball! With one hand! I always said he's got big ol' mitts, but a tennis ball?! And he did it three times! And took it out of my hand with one hand, too! I am always amazed at his motor skills! And he can push himself to a sitting position from a laying down position now! Yay! And he does the army crawl (sometimes pulling his dead weight with only his arms! Ha!) And he spins around on his belly and pulls himself onto my lap to get my attention. He sure is fun to watch! :o) And we found out he loves potatoes and pork! Dave made a yummy crock pot meal and I let Jay try it for kicks, and he literally would not stop eating it! I finally had to stop feeding him! And he still had a bottle after that! He was stuffed before bed! Makes him sleep longer! :o) But he has slept 12 hours a night since he was 2 months and he takes a 2 - 3 hour nap about midday, and has been doing that since we moved to AZ, and I found he didn't need the morning nap anymore. It is really nice to be pregnant & have a 10 month old & still have the option of 12 hours a night and a nap! I am so spoiled! :o)
The last time Jay flew in an airplane he did awesome, this time flying to UT, he had a little trouble (because he was tired among other things), but I still was baffled as to why he was cranky instead of his normal chill and happy self. But then, much to our surprise, the next morning after arriving, we found a new little sharp friend in Jay's mouth! He got his second tooth! Yay! :o) And it also was accompanied by a runny nose and a cough, and I exclaimed, "Perfect timing!" But even with all of that, he still did awesome on our whole trip and had a great time playing cars and trucks with Thomas, and swinging on the swing, and all the other fun things he got to do while we were there!
Even though the weather was very nice in UT, it was nice to come back to swimming weather! So I got Jay into his swim diaper and put him in his crib to play while I said goodbye to my sister and came back to find him like this! :o)
And he took his entire nap in this position! Ha! And when I came to get him after he awoke, I found that swim diapers are not absorbent at all! He was laying in a pool of urine! Fun! :o( So we cleaned him up (and his bed) and then took him swimming! :o)

My sister Courtney knew I was interested in getting James a good crib toy since he wakes up so happy and just wants to play and talk in his crib, even though he has nothing to do in there! So as an early birthday gift she found him the perfect thing! It actually was a crib toy that me and my siblings played with when we were infants, and she found it! Not the original one, but a duplicate and it is so cute and James loves to stand or sit and play with it! :o) Thanks Aunt Court! :o)
Yesterday, Thursday, March 13th, the person growing in me made his/her presence known! I was rocking in my rocking chair glider watching TV with Dave, and I felt the unmistakable little bumps in my lower belly! I immediately had Dave put his hand down there and he felt it, too! And I laughed cause I first felt James kick at 15 weeks also! Its so early it seems! I was not expecting it at all! But it was a pleasant surprise, and now I want to feel it all the time! Ha ha! :o) I said to Dave," I have a kid kicking the outside of my belly and a kid kicking the inside!" The joys of motherhood!
James is getting better and better all the time at navigating around! He's doing better at walking along furniture, and actually tries to let go to hold whatever toy it is with both hands (even though he's not ready for that yet) but he does pretty well at standing until he ultimately falls to his bum and then gets upset! Ha! :o) And he's been working hard and holding onto the couch and reaching down to the floor to pick up whatever he's dropped, and yesterday, he actually picked up Brady's Tennis Ball! With one hand! I always said he's got big ol' mitts, but a tennis ball?! And he did it three times! And took it out of my hand with one hand, too! I am always amazed at his motor skills! And he can push himself to a sitting position from a laying down position now! Yay! And he does the army crawl (sometimes pulling his dead weight with only his arms! Ha!) And he spins around on his belly and pulls himself onto my lap to get my attention. He sure is fun to watch! :o) And we found out he loves potatoes and pork! Dave made a yummy crock pot meal and I let Jay try it for kicks, and he literally would not stop eating it! I finally had to stop feeding him! And he still had a bottle after that! He was stuffed before bed! Makes him sleep longer! :o) But he has slept 12 hours a night since he was 2 months and he takes a 2 - 3 hour nap about midday, and has been doing that since we moved to AZ, and I found he didn't need the morning nap anymore. It is really nice to be pregnant & have a 10 month old & still have the option of 12 hours a night and a nap! I am so spoiled! :o)
2 comments:
It was so fun to have you guys here in Utah.I loved to hold James and watch Thomas interact with him.He is sure a cutie!After David,James and Brady ended the phone call with the camera Thomas was in tears.He sure loves those tree so much.
I am so excited for you been feeling your baby move at 15 weeks.That's amazing!!!!Let me know when you find out what you are having.I just remember that we both liked the same name for a baby girl.So I just want you to know that if you are having a girl and decided you still wanted the name that we both like it will be fine.Good like with everything....
Love Tania
yea for being spoiled!!! I love the pics of James on the couch. That surfing thing looks like fun!!! CAn't wait to find out what is in your belly (boy or girl).
love you guys!
Post a Comment