Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Milestones! :o)

James, as usual, was playing and watching Curious George, so I stole away momentarily to check my email, and as I peeked into the family room to check on him, this was the lovely sight before me! Ha ha ha! :o) He of course was in a diaper when I left him there, but had removed it and was enjoying sweet freedom! I was dying laughing and had to get photos and video of it! And then I realized I had better get a diaper on him before he writes his name on the wall! But this was just so funny I simply had to share! :o) 1st milestone - Removing Diaper! :o) And since he totally hates wearing clothes and diapers and fights me when I'm trying to put them on him, Dave joked that we'd start finding him without a diaper on (consistently) and find the diapers stashed in his toy bucket or under his crib and whatnot! Ha ha ha! :o) If you look closely, you can see the diaper he removed is on the floor next to the DVD Player! Ha! :o)2nd milestone - First Words! He has clearly called me, "Mama" & calls Brady, "Deedee". We are still working on getting a more precise "Dada", rather than the usual, "Dadadadada"! Ha! :o) And another funny story, Brady got a bath yesterday and James was totally cracking up watching Brady dry himself off! Baby's get a kick out of the strangest things! I could hear him totally having a cow from in the bathroom and I would not have guessed thats what he was laughing at! And he didn't stop after a minute either, as long as Brady kept rubbing up against furniture and the carpet, James kept watching and laughing! :o)And the 3rd & biggest milestone so far...... WALKING!!!!!! On Friday, May 16th, he took his first step in the Krispy Kreme by our apt.! And both my sister and I were standing there and saw it and both pointed at him with our mouths agape at the same time! Ha ha! :o) And then he kept working on it at home, but only doing one or two steps and then sitting down. But then on Sunday, May 18th, he was trying to get to Brady while we were all in the kitchen, and he took 5 steps then sat and then 5 more before he got to me, and I cheered and clapped and made a huge deal, and he just looked at me all confused! Ha ha! Like as if he was saying, "What?" Ha ha ha! :o) He still doesn't get it when I cheer and clap for him after all these months! Ha! But then he has a only done a couple here and there since then, except for yesterday when he kind of ran and took four quick steps before taking a tumble and me & my mom both saw that, and we both laughed! :o) But we CANNOT force him or prod him to do it, or he gets pissed! He only does it when HE wants to! Ha ha! :o) But I am so excited for him to be walking! And he just barely started crawling & really being mobile like 2 months ago or so! He's kind of moving along quickly now! So he's trying walking, but still mostly crawling and mostly doing it on his hands and feet which is hilarious, cause he does it really fast now and he totally looks like a monkey! Ha ha! :o) Hopefully soon I can get video of him walking and post it for all to see! :o)Who's that handsome pilot? Why, its Dave, of course! :o)

And here's the sweet ride they gave them to use while they were in Cedar City, UT a couple days ago. :o) He finished his Cross Country Flights on Monday, which was sooner than we thought he would, but its good cause now he's home (yay!) and he still has 9 days to use to study and finish up his two big written exams before another checkride! And then he is suppose to start CFI Training (Certified Flight Instruction) on June 2nd. He is still busy, busy, busy! :o) But it was nice to take the day to spend with him yesterday and we took James to this mini waterpark in Tempe, and met up with two of my sisters and their boys there and we all had a great time getting wet since it was over 100 degrees out! No, its not a typo, it is already in the hundreds here, although it is suppose to be cooling off a little this week, but hey, we'll take what we can get, cause that was brutal! :o(

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

holy cow. that is sooo funny that he takes off his own diaper. and a little scary too. and WALKING-- awesome! can't wait to see a video.

Andrea said...

haha!! those naked pics are too funny!! I guess that is what I get to look forward to Tessa LOVES being naked!! Walking and talking wow!! how fun!

The Stromberg Epic said...

Congratulations James on walking! I love the diaper story-STREAKER! Too cute!!

Tania Farr said...

Yeah James!That's hilarious that James took his diaper off while watching tv.He is sure growing and he is soooooooooooo adorable.We miss you guys sooooooo much.David looks really cool on the airplane.We are very happy for you guys .