Monday, June 8, 2009

We're Flying! :o)

Here we are getting ready to do the pre-flight checklist! I am about to be Dave's very first real passenger! Yay! :o)Here I am, standing there like a goon, pretending to help! :o)Here, I am unsure if the camera took the picture or not, obviously it did! :o)And now I am modeling with the back of the plane. :o) Once again, couldn't tell if it actually took the photo or not! But don't we look cool?! JK :o) As you can see the shoulder belt was practically choking me, obviously it wasn't meant for someone as short as me! And I was sitting on two folded up towels! :o) Dave did a great job on take-off, he talked me through EVERYTHING, so I knew what was going on and could help him keep track of gauges and stuff, as much as I could. :o)
I thought these winding rivers and stuff were very cool looking. :o)
Dave at the controls, or "in his office" as I like to say it. :o)
Here was my view out the front. Very cool! Dave even let me take the controls for a few minutes! It was very fun! :o)
I was a little nervous at first and any little bump I'd clutch my seat, but I soon relaxed and realized it was a pretty smooth ride and there was nothing to be afraid of! Dave is totally professional and is an excellent pilot, he made me relaxed and comfy! :o)
The teeny little "monopoly" houses. :o)
I'm stupid and didn't get photos in the canyons, but trust me, it was soooo beautiful! :o)
Our destination was to fly over Bear Lake which Dave did recently with a fellow student/pilot and he said it was gorgeous, so I was interested in seeing that. But due to low clouds, we had to turn around and head home without seeing it, which was fine with me! I'd rather be alive! :o)
Unfortunately, as we got about a 1/2 hour from home the engine started making a funny rattling, clanking noise and even though the plane was still acting okay, Dave decided it'd be best to make an emergency landing at the Brigham Airport just to be safe. Well, it was a good thing he did! A mechanic flew out and checked it out and said that a muffler broke off or something like that, and so it was smart we landed when we did! I think Dave felt bad cause he said this is the first flight he's ever had a problem, but I had said my prayers and I wasn't worried, so if something had to go wrong, I'm glad it wasn't major and we were able to land somewhere safe and sound. Dave's landing was perfect and smooth, too! :o)


I had to take back seat on the flight home, Dave is to the right and our rescuer, Andrew is to the left. He was very nice and is also a good pilot, I enjoyed the flight home, too. :o)

I don't get motion sickness when I'm not pregnant, but I have gotten carsick before when I was pregnant with James, so I was concerned I might get airsick, so as you can see in the photo, I am wearing these cool wristband things that Dave had, to help with motion sickness, and I also took homeopathic pills, and I was fine! So, I had a great time, and told Dave I'd do it again anytime! :o)

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

You're such a cute pregnant girl! Are you haveing a boy or a girl! James and Jordyn are dolls! Have fun flying!

Casey :o) said...

Hey, thanks! :o) We are having another girl! We are so excited, esp. for Jordyn to have a little playmate. :o) Thanks for keeping in touch - you are awesome! :o)