Tuesday, April 3, 2007


Here am I, my big, beautiful self, at 35 and 1/2 weeks! Feeling pretty good considering, although I am pretty anxious to get him off of my bladder and hips already! Not to mention the fact that we are ready to meet the little fella! :o) Dave and I have been attending a Lamaze Class, which has been Awesome! Although I must say, the "Labor Video" made me sick to my stomach and I soon found out that Dave couldn't quite watch it at all! Not that I blame him! :o) It is good to know that neither of us will have to see that stuff with my delivery - no, I will not have a mirror by the bed! :o) And Dave is staying right by my side! :o) I feel like its all right around the corner with all I've been experiencing lately: Frequent urination, Frequent (practice) Contractions, occasional (mild) nausea, easier breathing, increased pressure on hips and bladder, etc. and the plain and simple fact that my belly even LOOKS lower to Dave and me! So I'm thinking he's "dropped" into position. I have my "36th week" visit this week and I am really curious about what my doc will find when he examines everything! I believe he is head down and sideways, and I'll be curious if I've dilated at all. I know its still pretty early, but all signs are pointing to it! :o) So we shall see! :o) Our class has been very informative not just with the basics so we know every step, but also with tools to help with labor pains, and with speeding the process along! I feel better prepared and more confident that all will go well! :o) One last tidbit, in honor of April Fool's Day, I decided to play a joke on Dave, knowing full well he might not fall for it, but I took the opportunity to scare him a little by coming into the room saying nervously that my water broke! Dave sat up really fast and just said, "WHAT?" I have a really hard time playing jokes cause I can't keep from laughing, so I immediately told him it was an April Fool's Joke, to which he exclaimed, "I'm still scared, cause even if you were serious, I still don't know what to do!" So we've since gotten our plans to coincide! RELIEF! :o)

No comments: