Wednesday, October 3, 2007

5 Months Old! :o)






Jamie Bear is now 5 months old and I realized I haven't posted anything in a while and of course he has so many new accomplishments since I last posted in the middle of September! Ha! :o)
~~He is growing all the time I already had to pack away his 3-6 month clothes and pull out the 6-9 and 6-12 month clothing! A few things are a little big on him but for the most part everything fits great! :o) A new wardrobe is fun! :o)
~~He drinks out of his sippy cup like a pro now! And he has worked very hard at being able to hold it himself to drink out of and actually was doing it at the grocery store yesterday! Makes it nice when your trying to shop if they are happy and occupied! I think he might even like his sippy cup more than his bottle if thats possible! Ha! :o)
~~And he does hold his bottle on his own now, too! :o) Big Boy!
~~He unfortunately currently has a terrible runny nose, which is not fun at all, especially since he woke up in the middle of the night cause he couldn't breathe cause it was clogged so bad, and what kid likes getting their nose suctioned with the "booger catcher"? But after about four separate excavations, he was finally able to stay asleep! Thank goodness! :o) But its pretty runny today too, and its just clear liquid, so I'm thinking he's teething, but nothing has broken through yet, so who knows whats going on?! Poor kid! :o(
~~He is getting better and better with sitting on his own, although I wouldn't leave him unattended yet! But I think its safe to say his favorite thing is sitting outside on the grass! He really appreciates plant life! :o)
~~His favorite movie is "Curious George" and Dave and I noticed that whenever the love interest of the "Man in the Yellow Hat" or "Ted" as his character is called in this movie, is on the screen Jamers gets a huge grin on his face! EVERYTIME! It is so adorable! Ahhh! We just crack up! He's got his first crush! Dave wondered if it was cause she looks like me, but she's got chin-length, blonde hair, not to mention the fact that she is a cartoon! Ha ha! :o) So, I don't think it has anything to do with mom! He definitely appreciates pretty girls where ever we are! :o)
~~He has been able to slither along on his belly really well, but he doesn't seem to use his arms much from what I can tell, so I dunno when the crawling thing will be happening. :o)
~~He is quite the talker, "Vah Vah Vah, Nee Nee Nee!" And he always has a different expression on his face or tone to his voice, and there are definitely different words he's saying, but Gee, I sure wish I knew what he was telling me! It sucks! :o(
~~He loves being carried around facing forward in his carrier! What a great invention! :o) It makes clothes shopping a breeze! :o) And we went into American Fork Canyon this past week and he was just happy as a clam, he was in his carrier, and was outside with his family, touching leaves on the trees, bundled in warm clothes and his cute new beanie (he picked out for himself! Ha!) what could be better than that when your a five month old?! :o) Probably swimming, I'd say, if I had to think of anything else he'd be happy doing! :o)
~~Its hit or miss when he naps during the day, I'd say he's usually up 3 hours and down for an hour and a half, but sometimes when we are out his naps are few and far between and he does perfectly fine, so some days he gets two good naps and some days just one, but he always keeps me guessing!
~~He still doesn't like being in his carseat, which is unfortunate when you need to run a bunch of errands at once, but I sure hope he grows out of that eventually. Maybe once he has better toys he can actually keep on his lap and play with during the drive then maybe he'll do better. I think maybe once he's forward facing he'll be happier, too. We put on our warm bunting thing that goes on the carseat for the cold snap and freak snow we had last week! And James loved it! It kind of made a warm cocoon around him and we'd peek in at him and he'd smile! He loves his little cocoon! :o)
~~I know that there is so much more to write about but this is all I can think of right now, and frankly, I have other things to get done -- we do have a house to sell! :o)
~~Thanks for reading and keeping up with whats happening with our little family! :o)

No comments: