Tuesday, June 12, 2007

6 Weeks! :o)


Our little man is now 6 weeks old and as of Monday, June 11th, he weighs 9 lbs. 4 oz. and is 22 1/4 inches long. So they say he is in like the 5th percentile (whatever that means!) and so basically his weight can't keep up with his length! :o) He has started to get some rolls on his thighs but other than that he's not very chubby at all! But we don't care, all we care about is that he is happy and healthy and growing, and he is!

He loves playing in his bouncy seat and he loves the toys on it, too! He smiles, hits and laughs at them! And its so much fun to watch! We call them his "friends". :o) He also loves his swing, if he is fussy at all, it calms him right down and usually puts him to sleep! :o) Although I think his favorite thing is to talk to & smile at Mommy when he's lying on the changing table - he doesn't like getting his bum wiped (what kid does?) but he definitely appreciates a fresh diaper and some face time with Mommy and Daddy! :o) He is a total music lover, (he is his mom's son!) he will listen to his Baby Einstein music CD clear through until the end! But his favorite thing is when Mommy sings primary songs or any song to him! He lays real still and listens intently and watches Mommy's face! :o) I think he also appreciates it when Daddy sings in his silly way to him, too! :o)

He is totally losing his hair! I've been finding it all over his bassinet, his shirts, I get it stuck to my lips when I kiss his head, and I swear he loses half with every bath! He is totally bald on one side of his head and pretty much on the back of his head, and the most hair he has is on the nape of his neck - which of course makes him look funny from the back, but still totally adorable from the front! Ha ha! :o)

He saw and actually noticed Brady for only the second time yesterday! And I'm sure he was wondering, "Who is that ugly dog?" The reason I say he was thinking that is because Dave gave him a home haircut last week and the best way I can put it is that when his ears are up, he looks like a fat chihuahua, and with his ears down and barely visible, he looks like an adult polar bear! And he knows he looks bad, too! When I saw him for the first time I started cracking up and he very sheepishly went and hid under the bed and WOULD NOT come out! Ha ha ha! Poor guy! Its not his fault! But we laugh that even when he's being annoying, at least he was cute, that was his redeeming quality, and now he doesn't even have that! Ha ha! But we of course still love him anyway! :o)

We are getting ready to break ground on the new house and we are very excited! :o) And Dave is putting the finishing touches on the pond in front of our new porch on our current house- and it looks gorgeous! My boys bought me a Glider Bench for Mother's Day and I love swinging on it with Jamie and admiring our pond! :o)

Utah Lake is warm as usual and I got to take the jet ski's for a spin with Dave after almost a year of no water activity! Boy am I sore! :o) But its just like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it, and it is so fun! So Jamie had his first trip to the lake that day and he did very well! No, we didn't put him in the water! He hung out in the pavilion while Dave and I took turns! It was also nice to get some sun on my pasty post-pregnancy body! Ha ha! I have lost 20 lbs. of pregnancy weight so far, and I still have 20 to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight! Wish me luck! :o) We bought Jamie a life-jacket yesterday, while it says its for "under 30 lbs." we aren't really planning on using it yet! But we want to have it when he is ready for his first boat ride! We can't wait! :o)

Jamie's schedule is doing very well, at 5 1/2 weeks, he slept through the night for the first time! And by that I mean sleeping through from midnight to 7 am! Boy was that nice! :o) And after that he has gotten up only as early as 5:00 am, but when I am strict with his chedule during the day, he does way better at night! And he's doing so well with putting himself to sleep, and sometimes he gets mad at me if he doesn't get put down on time! Ha! :o) He wants to be in his bed! :o)

We are thinking of entering Jamers in a Baby Contest at our town's summer festival called Saratoga Splash! We'll post pictures and let you know how it goes if we decide to actually do it! :o) As his parents we think he is destined to win! :o)

Thats all the news I can think of right now, but as usual I'll post more later as it happens! :o)

1 comment:

Tania Farr said...

I love the picture of the 3 of you it's adorable.James is so cute and such a good baby.I love him so much.