Why, might you ask, would we attempt to take a 2 month old camping? Well, its simple, he's been so great with everything else we've taken him to do, so we just thought we'd see! So on Friday, July 20th, Mommy, Daddy, Baby & Grandma and Grandpa Farr headed out to the Uintas Mountains to the Farr's favorite campsite for just an overnighter (in case it was a disaster!). All in all Jamers did extremely well considering the weird, unfamiliar conditions. What made me laugh the most was how worried we were that he wouldn't be able to sleep (cold weather, unfamiliar surroundings, weird noises, etc.) but as it turned out, he slept the best out of the whole crew, I'd say! Neither Dave nor I got much sleep that night, because we were worried that James might've been too cold, and I was incredibly uncomfortable on our air mattress, which was a first because I'm usually fine on it! :o( The only other person who said they slept excellently was Grandma Farr who we found out later was the person snoring like Big Bird from Sesame Street! Ha ha ha! I actually thought I was dreaming, it was so funny! :o) As you can probably guess we were all squished into a 6 man tent, which surprisingly enough fit both our double bed air mattresses! (and not much else! ha!) So luckily it was just an overnighter for my sake, because I was exhausted! In the end we decided he was too young for camping and we'll have to try again next summer. Not because he was bad or anything like that, but because it was stressful for me, and not very much fun (like camping should be!) and in reality, James got NOTHING out of that trip! The only documentation we have of him actually going is a picture Grandma Farr took because our camera battery was dead! :o( And our memories of it, of course. :o) He's gone on a whole lot of adventures he won't even remember when he's older! Ha! :o) He is such a trooper!
No comments:
Post a Comment